PSA Grading For Football Or Sports Cards – What Is This?
Are you a sports enthusiast? Do you collect various cards such as football cards, baseball cards or any other sports cards? If this is your most favorite past time, you need to learn about PSA grading as this could add a new dimension to the collected cards in your possession. Here are a few facts about the PSA grading and the benefits these could bring to your collection:
1. What is PSA grading – first things first. If you did not know already the PSA is an acronym used for Professional Sports Authenticator, a designation conferred on people who are considered as top experts in the industry. The gradation is on a scale of one to ten where one indicates the least valuable and ten indicates the most valuable. Usually ten points are awarded only to mint condition cards.
2. How is the PSA gradation done – when you want any of your cards be graded you have to submit it for scrutiny with any such professional body. The card will then be checked by three separate experts and then awarded a number according to their assessment. Once your cards are PSA graded you will have excellent leverage when you want to trade or change the cards.
3. How do you recognize a PSA graded card – once the card has been graded it will be encapsulated in a specific holder along with certificate that will give details about the card and its gradation. While the holder might not be tamper proof, you would immediately notice it if there are any attempts to reach card. This ensures that whenever you deal with PSA graded cards; you would know for sure that the card is genuine.
4. No scams possible – many dealers push cards that are not authentic, but copies of those which are in high demand to make a fast buck. Be careful when you find your favorite card with dealers who do not “believe” in grading. Most likely, those cards are not really authentic and you are being taken for a ride. Insist on evaluation if the dealer pushes the card as vintage. If the dealer does not agree to submit it for a PSA grading, rest assured the card is false no matter how good it looks. There are incredible scams going on both online and offline – so be very careful.
5. Premium price – when you are selling your cards a grading would get you the best possible price. The number and the certification of your card would tell you and the seller what the best price for that card would be. You can always negotiate – but at least you will have an accurate starting point.
The PSA grading main role besides ascertaining the authenticity of a card and its quality is preventing victimization of people from entering into fraudulent deals. Scams on collection cards are rampant both online and offline. You want to stay safe and deal only with original and authentic cards …